As a Wildcat at the University of Arizona, Elliott Waksman, was first introduced to the field of sport psychology through Dr. Jean Williams, past president of the Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP) and top-selling author. Connecting issues, such as confidence and mental toughness, to his personal sport experiences immediately sparked his interest.
Born and raised in Portland, Oregon, Waksman was a recognized Portland Interscholastic League three-sport athlete. He often incorporates both his personal sport experiences and sense of humor in his mental training sessions.
Having earned his M.A. in Sport Psychology, Elliott Waksman will help you learn to focus better, improve your confidence level, and increase your motivation. His weekly mental training sessions consist of role playing exercises, handouts, PowerPoint slides, and hands-on activities. These sessions cover the following areas within the field of sport psychology: peak performance, motivation, mental toughness, focus, goal setting, and visualization.
As a Certified Consultant through the Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP) and having consulted with collegiate programs, elite professional athletes, and thousands of student-athletes, Waksman’s educational guidance can take your game to a higher level.
- Master of Arts with Distinction, Sport Exercise Psychology, Argosy University (Phoenix, AZ)
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, The University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ)
- Lincoln High School (Portland, OR)
- Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP) Professional Member
- Medical Advisory Board Member for Stafford Hills Club
- Official Sport Performance Consultant for The Washington Timbers Soccer Club
- Official Sport Performance Consultant for The Portland City United Soccer Club
- Official Sport Performance Consultant for The Oregon Dream Team Cheer Club
- Certified Consultant Association for Applied Sport Psychology #588
- CPR, AED, and Basic First Aid, American Safety and Health Institute, #285694
- National Federation of State High School Associations, Fundamentals of Coaching, Concussion Management, and Heat Illness Prevention
- F License Soccer Certification, The U.S. Soccer Federation